Topics

Temporary Change in MIGS Requirements due to COVID19

Sally Nickelson

Hi All,
I hope everyone is healthy and doing OK during this very strange and stressful time.

The RAT Board wanted me to let you know that because RAT has cancelled so many of our trials and events this year, they have changed one of the MIGS requirements until things return to more normal.

As a refresher - to maintain your Member in Good Standing (MIGS) status, you normally need to:
1) Pay your annual dues during our renewal period early in the year
2) Attend at least one general meeting within the past 12 months
3) Volunteer to help out at two different RAT events (trials, demos, etc) within the past 12 months

Because of all the cancelled RAT events, the time to complete the requirement to volunteer to help at two RAT events has been extended to 24 months, rather than the normal 12.

We now have the opportunity to attend general meetings virtually, making it safe and easy for people to attend.  So that requirement is staying the same - participate in one meeting in the past 12 months.  And paying your annuals dues will still be required.

Hopefully this temporary change will help people either get or maintain their MIGS status. Any questions, please don't hesitate to contact either myself or anyone on the RAT Board.

Take good care, and I hope to see all of you soon.
Sally Nickelson
RAT Membership Chair

Sandy Cox

Thanks for the Update  Sally